Awards for Excellence 2023 – Nominations
AMPS Awards Criteria 2023
Nominations are now open for the 2023 AMPS Awards for Excellence. Please see the criteria for this year’s awards categories listed below.
To submit your nomination, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
Member Company of the Year Award
The “Member Company Award” recognises outstanding contributions by an AMPS member company, highlighting their commitment to growth, innovation, and ambition.
- Judges welcome entries from business all of sizes, from start-ups and SMEs to multinationals.
- Eligible companies should demonstrate a track record of sustainable growth and/or exhibiting a proactive approach to embracing innovations that lead to industry advancements.
- The award will go to a company that demonstrates ambition, pushes boundaries, sets new standards, and positively impacts the industry.
The Member Company of the Year Award is sponsored by:
Innovation and Technology Award
The “Innovation and Technology Award” celebrates ground-breaking innovations that enhance the sector’s capabilities and drive positive change.
- The award entry must showcase exceptional innovation and technological advancements made in the last two years.
- Judging will be based on originality, practicality, and transformative impact on the power sector, with an emphasis on cutting-edge solutions that improve efficiency, reliability, and sustainability.
- Success should be demonstrated through case studies or real-world applications and should clearly outline 1) the problem that the innovation solves 2) key features of the innovation 3) metrics of success.
The Innovation and Technology Award is sponsored by:
Environmental Product of the Year Award
The “Environmental Product of the Year Award” recognises innovative solutions for the power industry that significantly contribute to sustainability, energy efficiency, and environmental impact while positively impacting the sector.
- Eligible products must have been designed, developed, and implemented within the past two years.
- Judging will be based on environmental impact, energy efficiency, innovation, sustainability, industry impact, and social/economic benefits.
- Please include data that demonstrates the impact or anticipated impact of the product.
Environmental Product of the Year is sponsored by:
Project of the Year Award
The Project of the Year Award aims to showcase projects that have exemplified excellence, forward-thinking, and ingenuity, setting new standards in the industry. This award celebrates projects that have gone above and beyond, achieving remarkable success while navigating complex challenges and unique contexts.
Nominations will be required to demonstrate success in at least x3 of the following:
- Originality, unique approaches, and innovative problem-solving to overcome obstacles and deliver exceptional results.
- Demonstrated potential for scalability, either in size or replicability, with a significant positive impact on the target audience or industry.
- Successful completion of projects in challenging, remote, or unconventional locations, showcasing adaptability and resourcefulness.
- Effective planning, management, and execution that led to the timely delivery of desired outcomes.
- Evidence of high client satisfaction through testimonials, feedback, or project success metrics.
- Consideration of environmental and social impacts, with a focus on sustainable practices.
Project of the Year is sponsored by:
Business Growth and Strategy Award
Entrants for the “Business Growth and Strategy Award” should be able to demonstrate sustained revenue growth, expanded market share, and /or examples of seizing new business opportunities. Judges will be looking for companies that are able to showcase a clear vision, adaptability, and resilience in dynamic market conditions.
Nominations will be required to demonstrate:
- Substantial and sustained revenue growth over the last 12-24 months. (12 months for start-ups or new market entrants)
- Successful penetration into new markets or industries, showcasing a strong market entry strategy.
- Implementation of innovative products, services, or business models that set them apart from competitors.
- Clear and well-executed business strategies that align with long-term goals and aspirations.
- Ability to navigate challenges and pivot when needed to maintain growth and profitability.
Business, Growth and Strategy Award is sponsored by:
Energy and Sustainability Award
The Energy and Sustainability Award recognises outstanding initiatives and achievements in promoting energy efficiency, conservation, and sustainable practices. Eligible candidates will be evaluated based on how they are leading the way in transforming their own business practices to be more sustainable (Those wishing to showcase sustainable customer solutions should enter the Environmental Product of the Year category).
Nominations will be required to demonstrate achievements across x3 of the following areas:
- Implementation of innovative projects that harness renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, hydro, or geothermal power
- Adoption of energy-efficient technologies and practices that reduce energy consumption and carbon footprint.
- Demonstrated efforts to minimise greenhouse gas emissions, waste generation, and overall environmental impact.
- Integration of sustainable principles into business operations, supply chains, and decision-making processes.
- Positive impact on local communities through sustainable energy projects, education, and awareness campaigns.
- Potential for the initiatives to be replicated in other settings or industries, contributing to wider sustainability efforts.
- Commitment to ongoing efforts towards a sustainable future, considering the longevity and effectiveness of the initiatives.
The Energy and Sustainability Award is sponsored by:
Apprentice of the Year
The “Apprentice of the Year Award” will celebrate the achievements of apprentices who have displayed outstanding skills and brought a fresh perspective to their business. The winner will be someone who has demonstrated a strong work ethic and a dedication to learning.
Nominations will be required to demonstrate:
- Exceptional performance, exceeding expectations in their apprenticeship program or training.
- A strong thirst for knowledge and a proactive approach to skill development.
- Introduction of fresh ideas and creative solutions to challenges faced during their apprenticeship.
- Effective collaboration and communication skills, contributing positively to their team and workplace.
- Evidence of how their contributions have benefited their organisation or industry.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing circumstances and demands.
- Nominees must be registered on an apprenticeship in an engineering discipline working at an employer and spending a portion of time on training. This award is open to apprenticeships at all levels.
Apprentice of the Year is sponsored by: